Water

Today I discovered my inner philosopher. I decided to create my own little philosophy on life. So I chose a somewhat ridiculous statement and argued it until it made a bit of sense.

For nine months we were surrounded by
Water, that slippery substance,
And so developed a love of it,
For we love what is familiar,
What came first.
We love it and are attracted to it.

Though we fear it as well,
For the passion this love creates inside.
Passion devours, consumes, destroys, like fire
If left unchecked, if uncontrollable.
Since each of us has our own soul,
Our own little flame inside of us,
We fear that submersion into water will
Put out this flame,

Though some remain utterly terrified of the stuff.
Those that do show distaste for life,
For all that remains natural.
Life is made of habits, familiarities.
If we did not love hte initial state, what was first natural
When we had no good reason to despise it,
Then we will not love what follows,
And this distaste will haunt us for our entire lives.

Commentaires

Messages les plus consultés